Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Update

Today got poked by a fellow colleague in a course.

I was stating a fact which is a norm in Singapore's wasteful culture.
She shot me, "whatever happen to ethics?".
Of course with her head down and a really tame voice.
:D think she knew that it was a rebuttal, and did not want to start unnecessary conversations la. :D

anyway, it reminds me of the point i mention in my previous post.
Its about
3- the need to spent time and be involved in-order to truly understand and be willing to love a person.


had worked with her before. On really short accounts.
Actually I meant, Had appointed her tasks to do before.
not work with her. Cos what the heck,
she was the one who had left me with tons of things to cover up for her before. :/
Yup, I was very upset about that back then.

Think thats how it is, didnt work, spend long enough hours with her before, and these past 3 days, been working around her, not with her. Could sense her own agenda.
Maybe I had mine too.

But it came to a point that I felt serving was a nuisance to her.
My school was hosting a science course, I was serving drinks. all of the tables occupied by other schools have mineral water. I put some on our table as well in-cases my colleagues would need them. I felt it was distracting my view, so I mention to that colleague to help me shift it forward.
"We have our own bottles, why do you need to get all these"
and she didnt move it still, even after i tried and it toppled over, still she didnt move it.

Guess these are really small items that people might just think that Im too sensitive. But well, to me it meant alot. Cos however we react towards situation, it always tells something about our character.

-

Coming back to the point of spending time to know hence having the ability to love someone,

Had an ex cell member, before being together with her in the same cellgroup, never felt the ability to love her, interact and relate to her bcos she was different. After being in the same cell, and now having to leave the cell, just began to understand her so much more as a person, see and understood the innocence, her character. Really draws out the willingness of within to invest more in her life.

This other cell member. Always failed to relate to her no matter how much our routines might intertwine. its just Dont know how to, not dont have the chance or dont want to. is Dont know how to.
through this Asia Conference, I was given the opportunity to spend a little more time with her.
Learnt that she has her soft, girl and relate-able side as well, that there are certain traits that would attract me to want to spend a little more time with her.

and as the 2 ladies above draws out,
one is an ex-cell member whom i use to reject but felt moved bcos of the opportunity to spend more time with her.
the other whom i simply dont know how to but has become able to bcos of the situations that brought us together.

Truly its:
3- the need to spent time and be involved in-order to truly understand and be willing to love a person.

-

Regards this colleague, nah, not gonna do anything about it, cos its not called for.
Perhaps i've to look at it as shes been horribly mistreated by a big shot in school and it builds up the unhappiness which accounts for the grumpiness within ba.
Hmmm... I know, need to start blessing her... :)
Cos you can bless without loving but you cant love without blessing.
:D

Think its bcos we had already 3 straight days of course and 2 more days to go ba.
Been stoning since the course ended each day.

And again, i'm not any better, looking towards more opportunity to grow.

Felt very motivated to close the blog, cos im like no time to blog de...
sorry ar people...

Be Bless
Love,
Amanda
She is one step closer to SOT 2010

No comments: