Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mum

Was calling my mum at the factory the other day to ask about dinner, when I was put on hold.

While waiting, I heard the sounds that were in the background,
the machines at work, the heavy carts knocking against each other, the sound of the flame from the gas stove and the sound of the fan...
There and then I got reminded,
Ya ar... mummy's job is real tough, all the packets of nasi lemak she has to pack, the crates she has to carry and all the chili stains on her clothes.
Then come back home late at night all sticky and uncomfortable, with an empty stomach...
she is already 55 know...

As I walk on towards home, I pass by a gas cylinder van.
The driver was just closing his door.
I caught a whiff of the interior, it reminded me of my daddy toiling on his huge lorry truck in the roads...
Under the hot hot sun, going through the dealings with the people that he has to work with, the other drivers that does not follow the right routine...
It must have been real hard on him too.

That night I gave my mummy a shoulder massage. :)

On this Mother's day, what are you doing for your mum?

Would you...
take her out for a meal?

Would you...
pour her a cup of water?

I dont have a mummy that does big and great things that I can write about,
But I have a mummy who loves me and has brought me up to the best of her ability.




I Love You Mummy!!!

Be Bless
Love,
Amanda

No comments: