Sunday, April 29, 2007

heard of it?

heard of the Serenity Prayer?

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." - Reinhold Niebuhr

Was just walking around at Causeway Point waiting for my mummy, walked into a shop that sells some Christian-ed theme decoration, Happen to see this one thats named "Serenity Prayer"

That got me curious, I know of this prayer long time ago, but it never occur to me, "Serenity Prayer" interesting name.
What does "Serenity" means anyway?

Serenity: the state of being calm, peaceful, and untrouble

Woh, how interesting it is isnt it. Being in a troubled situation that you cant change. taunting and irritating. And that is exactly the time when we need the serenity of the Lord to take over our hearts.

To cast our cares upon Him, and be lifted up under His wings.

Rev Kenneth Hagin Jr preached today,
God says it, I believe it, that settles it.

Something that I learned quite sometime ago.
Have the Faith of God.

havent had a great impact, or should I say received the true meaning of it till today.

Wait for your turn ba. :) Your ordained moment.

Be Bless!
Love,
Amanda

1 comment:

Dvil said...

there's a precious moments Figurine on Serenity Prayer with "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." printed on it too..