Saturday, February 14, 2009

Obama

Felt so Brain-Fried.
Woke up from my nap and I realize my brain is a wierd state.
You know the kind of feeling that you cant do serious work for a while. :D

Must have been the overdose of late night because of coming home late, and the intense preparation for the presentation/TMA today.

*Phew* thank God its over.
On top of that must be because I didnt blog for like wat 3days?

Its amazing how such deprivation of blogging can turn the mind into mush.
Guess its not surprising cos human beings need to communicate and let out their thoughts ba.

Think I'm addicted to blogging. :D
Jayden aka Nuffnang Xmas Party winner talks about that too. :D

Now let me check my phone to see if I had any topic that I wanted to blog about or not... (Besides Obama as promised)

-

Oh Got. "Position of Power, Would you still apologize then"

Think this is very subjective.
Cos was just in class, teaching, wanted the pupils to take out their exercise books to do some practises with me. Then this child, gave him instruction to get paper from the back of the room, I always had single sided rough paper at the shelves.
Saw him walk to the back, then a short while later, he was tearing paper from another exercise book.
So I was like. "Why are you doing this?" Cos I dont want them to develop the habit of just taking out an exercise book and tear paper from it.
"Dont have paper, no more already" replied my child.
"Come follow me! get paper from the back"

When I was there, checked, realize, Oh! the papers are gone. *in my mind I was thinking, "How could that be. Its always bountiful"

- Stop - this is the scenario. I am the one in authority, according to my acts there are sufficient rough papers cos I know where my worksheets go.
Given the situation, there really isnt in that Particular slot that I always put.
and I did Speak to my child in an unkind tone for a while.

What would this person in authority do?

*turns out one of my helpers actually swopped the slots*

I said "so you did come and look for papers." *found a piece of annoucement paper tt would do fine as well.* "Ms Ng's fault, nah, you can use this one." then smile at the child.

:D

Such an interesting thought isnt it.
Guess at the end of the day, A teacher does step down and apologizes, to let the pupil know that a teacher does apologize for their mistakes as well.

I'm not trying to show off that I am humble enough to apologize to my children.
Just wanted to express and trigger the thought.

What sort of Leadership role Disallow one to apologize then?
I think an emperor's one wouldnt allow.
Can you imagine an emperor apologize, the kind of impact he will have on his image, the kind of thoughts that his subordinates would have about his decisions from then forth.

Hmm... one of the previous US President apologize publically before, if I didnt remember wrongly, think it was accepted. Hows it like if Obama was placed in a situation that requires him to apologize? wOh!
-

The Speech Craft of Barack Obama
Source: "Walk Your Talk Integrity in Action" magazine.

On the Mean Street
"Finally, as you and I stand here today, know that there is a generation of children growing up on the mean streets and forgotten corners of this country who are slipping away from us as we speak. They walk down Corridors of Shame in rural South Carolina and sit in battered classrooms somewhere in East L.A.

They are overwhelmingly black and Latino and poor. And when they look around and see that no one has lifted a finger to fix their school since the nineteenth century; when they are pushed out the door at the sound of the last bell - some into a virtual war zone - is it any wonder they don't think their education is important? Is it any wonder they are dropping out in rates we've never seen before?

"I know these children.
"I know their sense of hopelessness.
"I began my career over two decades ago as a community organizer on the streets of Chicago's South Side. And I worked with parents and teachers and local leaders to fight for their future. We set up after-school programs and we even protested outside government offices so that we could get those who had dropped out into alternative schools."


I know, I am totally missing the point of this article. But somehow this extract had an impact on this educator in me.
Like I say in today's presentation,
Children, If you can empower them today, they can go a long way.

kk, thats all for now.
Happy Valentines day everyone! I'm gonna go watch "The other end of the line"

Be Bless
Love,
Amanda
She is one step closer to SOT 2010

P/S: I rolled on someone's bed today :D

No comments: