Monday, June 25, 2007

1st day

First day of school, and it feels as though I'm revamping back to how I was when i started Teaching Practise... After school come back drop dead on bed kind of life, or should I say, no-life.

super tired...
think I must be really thankful that my schedule has so much PE, they call it natural slimming, I call it reduced stress from academic results.

De-stressed by eating...
*cham ar cham*
got to stop it.

Anyway, todays been great,
Really thank God for the arrangement.

I'm taking 2 classes of Pri 5 PE that I had pre-aquantiance with.
Why is it important? Bcos in teaching the higher level, its alot about winning the kids over.
Just happens that 1 class are the ones that I took for the Pri 5 camp, and another I did a relief class and happened to teach them some interesting lessons on science. :)

as for the Pri 4... well, they just need some time before they warm up to me. :)

Received a big bomb today.
In the structure of a school, there is this "Subject Committee" thing, e.g: Eng Comm, Math Comm, Nation Education n Social Studies Comm and Science Committee.
So each committee is made up by selected teachers of each level.
of the teachers represented in each level, 1 will be chosen out to be the level rep, that is usually a role covered by a experience teacher, or at least someone whos been around and know whats been happened.
One teacher is leaving and another teacher is highly involved in the IT side of the whole sci affair.
So instead of getting that experience teacher who is highly involved in the IT side, they choose me...
I'll be involved in infantry, Resource purchasing, coordination, etc etc. when it comes to Pri 4 science, i'll most probably be the 1st one to relay too.


Was just reviewing how I learnt science back then,
Raise your hand if you are one of those who goes through the system of "Im going to point out to you the important parts, underline them and memorize them"
Thats what I went through.
I am eagerly looking forward to engage my students in science through powerpoint and videos... I pray that time permits.

All in all, im thankful for the things and arrangement that has happened, :) the extensive PE lessons has its advantages, the Sci comm position calls for greater stretch in the development of me as a person. Being propelled to a position that no one would ask or will be given.

Guess it certainly does fulfills the purpose of me being there.
Isn't it true that we are hired to play a role, fill a gap and meet a need? :)

Like I always say,
If not now, then when?

He said His grace is sufficient. so shall it be.

God says it, I believe it, that settles it.

How yours life?

Be Bless~
Love,
Amanda

No comments: