Monday, March 9, 2009

tot

Had an interesting thought in school today.

Was just waiting at the Remedial classroom when one of the children arrived. The rest were late. I am expected to pick them up from the canteen, I wont usually wait for long over there as well, cos its the recess time of other level. It would all be very messy. So they know if they dont see me, they would have to go up to the classroom first.

but today dont know why, none of them were on time.

It use to be that if they are early they would go up to the staff room and look for me.
Today, none of that happened.

Maybe because it was so good weather this morning?

:D

anyway, I was standing by the classroom door, opening it up, then one of them arrived and approached.

There I was standing,

in came my little child,

a boy,

the look of innocence,

into the room,

alone,

with Ms Ng

no one else.

Just me and him.

Then it hit me

"The trust and faith needed to put the child in school. Into the hands of a teacher believing in the moral of that teacher that will be transferred to the child in the entire duration of the rest of the day."

*Disclaimer! there were chinese dance activity going on outside, and its a common corridor.*
There is no way any non-routine matters can happen.

but really, wOh.
Guess its the faith in the name of a "Teacher"
the morals and everything that a person with the position of being a "Teacher" MUST have.
Without a shadow of doubt.

:)

WOH.

I'm blown away.
Almost couldnt function for a while because of that thought.

Of course I didnt stay in that room, behind closed door alone with the child.

I walked out to the corridor, look around, look down to the floor level, look out to the front gate.
Then stood at the doorway and ask the child to go down and see if the other classmates have arrived. ask them to come up.

He left.
For a while, I realize how big my role is.

Woh.

The rest of the day,
I continue to deal with them with my heart.

Be Bless
Love,
Amanda
She is one step closer to SOT 2010

No comments: